Friday, August 8, 2008

i finally have my computer back! lia has returned from costa rica with a boyfriend, a tan, and an attitude. but she's growing, atleast she is growing.

learning to do nothing this summer has been a surprisingly worthwhile lesson. i have caught up on more than enough sleep, even with starbucks opening at five o'clock in the morning. today my boss found me a new position at a location in halifax, saying the manager was a "fool if he didn't take me". it is nice to hear these things.

another thing that was very nice about today was ray visiting my store! he introduced to me to his colleague as a "good, good friend of the family", and not just a friend of darien. i have a friend for life, i have another family for life, it feels majestic. the pons' make me feel like a gajillion dollars.

halifax in 22 days, nineteen in 16! i am full of countdowns, i am full of excitement. i miss darien so much that it hurts, but i am at peace.

No comments: