Thursday, September 25, 2008

yogalady!


the past two days i have gone to a yoga class at the dalhousie gym. i have been anti-exercise for a very long time, and today was the first day where i really felt like i could get used to this. classes are offered six days a week, and i only have class during one of them! in today's class, the position in the picture was the only one that i couldn't do. that felt pretty great. achieving a goal in yoga is totally different than any other exercise i have done before. you can breathe through it, you can do it! it is all my body, and i feel so in control (& being in control is a big goal of mine this year). it seems like i have found the perfect exercise for me - this is very, very exciting! it has taken a very long time.

last night when i hung out with a friend of mine because he promised to help me with my spanish, it felt great. it was the first time we felt like all friends, complete friends, wonderful friends. comfortable friends. plus, i need some people who play smash brothers at my level. it has been a while!

i am so ready for the weekend. i need to catch up on sleep! holy moly! i am trying to do everything right now, and if i could get by on four hours sleep, i would be totally successful so far. but, unfortuately, i need more than that. and i definitely cannot afford to get sick. if i get sick i will be able to do nothing, and i will not only fall behind in my classes and let down my fellow starbuckians, but i will be sick. it would be tragic.

i keep saying that i am looking for a spark, but today i don't feel like i am. today i am so happy as myself, with my friends, and my goals, and what i stand for. i am standing up so straight.

thank you yoga for polishing of this posture.

1 comment:

britney said...

yay! yoga! yay! bloga!