Sunday, November 16, 2008

blindsided

i wish that i was on tour or something while i was writing all of these blogs so that i had something exciting to write about. but i'm not. i am just a girl who is studying the world around her and who works at starbucks and who is looking forward to christmas. that is who i am right now. it makes me feel small.

i was supposed to be getting surgery on december 17th but i am not anymore. it is being postponed. my mom told me a couple of days ago and she said she was scared to tell me. i don't remember ever hearing my mom admit to being scared. i cried when she told me, i felt so helpless and so sad that that was being taken away from me. it made me realize how it is what i really want. i am trying to keep the glass half full.

i am leaving to go home for the break on december 10th, and i just started getting excited for it today. i have a lot of work to do before then, and i have become the queen of procrastination. well, actually, me being the queen of procrastination isn't really a new thing. i want to read books over christmas. i want to see my friends and play in the snow and read books.

i have been listening to bon iver, sufjan stevens, and joshua radin. i am getting quiet again.

bon iver - re: stacks

No comments: